Sunday, October 29, 2006

Those Smart Fortunate Bastards at YouTube

After doing two movies in a week (Little Miss Sunshine and Hollywoodland) a month ago when I was on travels in KC, it's time to hit the theaters once again. There are several good movies coming out that have caught my eye. Of course Borat is a no brainer but I keep seeing previews for this and it makes me laugh. Will Ferrell's great and Emma Thompson is a consistent fav.
Stranger than Fiction

Since I was moved by Alejandro González Iñárritu's other two films, Amores Perros and 21 Grams, I have high hopes for his newest release. Though certainly not uplifting films, the raw and painful depictions of his stories grabs me.
Babel



Ipod is a saving grace during the dreaded hand washing of the dishes. It has a way of rockin' me out and refreshing my mind with good music not heard in a while.
Rilo Kiley - It's a Hit

Lastly, I'd like to go out for dinner (and maybe to a flick) next weekend for my b-day. Let me know if any of you Cali blog lookers are interested. After a bad fish restaurant experience this weekend, I feel a need to cleanse the palate with something I know to be good, McCormick and Schmick's.

No comments: