Monday, May 22, 2006

Concert withdrawal

It has been nearly a year since I went to a show. For us, that is unheard of. We used to go see bands play, at the very least, every other month even if it was just a local band at a small venue. So I am having a live music craving. After coming to LA, I was excited at all the musical possibilities. Bands that would never come to OK, I would now be able to see. This has obviously not panned out for me. The demand is higher so the shows sell out quickly and are quite a bit more expensive. The base price is generally double here, bummer. I also need to get a jump on buying tickets, for example, Built to Spill is playing four nights at the Troubadour at the end of July for a good price but guess what, all are sold out! So, I am partially to blame for my little dilemma.

On another music topic, Grandaddy came out with a new album earlier this month and sadly there is no tour planned because the band is breaking up. It sounds like music will still be made but just separately. Thanks to Robbie for sharing them with us; they played a great show in Lawrence. Oh....shows.

1 comment:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

I saw Built to Spill here about 6 months ago with a guy from work. They played a few songs from there new album that they were recording at the time. They always put on a good show. I am sorry you can't get tickets for there show.