Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hiking




We went on a hike today to a waterfall called Eaton Cayon Falls in Alta Dena. The San Gabriel Mtns. are pretty much next door to us so it eludes me why we haven't been hiking sooner. It was a lot of fun and we'll definitely prioritize doing more of the same in the future. The three mile round trip hike was just enough for my out of shape body but sadly I have to admit I'm feeling a little leg pain. The first part of the hike was a well beaten, open-air path which was very warm from the constant sun. The last half mile was along the banks of the river so it was very rocky and we had to switch back across the river several times resulting in "wet foot" (my inadvertent dipping of feet in the river due to poor coordination while rock jumping). There was graffiti (the ugly kind) on various rocks which ruined the natural feel of the place. Ultimately, we ended up at a small but pretty waterfall where a hippy dude started burning some homemade incense which I thought he was smoking because it looked like a stogy in string so I asked him if it tasted good, oops. There were also some kids swimming but it was not as crowded as we thought it would be. Kudos to Brent for finding the trail for us today. Good times.

1 comment:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

That sounds like a really great day Wis. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am glad you guys are enjoying your time in California.