Thursday, May 18, 2006

Done with School

Well, its official. I'm done with school...for now. Finals are over, I've achieved associate degree number three and now the wait is on for the FAA to "give me the call." We'll see how all that pans out. It should be an interesting year.

I plan to take the weekend off, well sort of. I have to update the 'ole resume so I can start earning my keep again. I did not think I would be out of work the whole time I was in school but here I am. I miss work. Hopefully, I can find something half as descent as what I left in OK.

I rented Junebug from the library today. I'm sure I'll write about it if it ends up being worth anything. I wanted the movie Catie recommended but I was shut down. I guess I'll have to stop being a cheap ass and go to the movie store to get it.

On another art note, check out Scott Fraser. Brent and I saw his work at the Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa more years ago than I can remember but he remains one of the best photo realistic painters I've seen. I usually hate still life's but this guy puts a whole different perspective on them. Even his website's gallery shows the incredible detail in his work when you zoom on them. Enjoy.

2 comments:

pondering_c said...

yea! finals are over. have some fun this weekend.

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

Scott Fraser's work is amazing. He apparently is a KCAI alumn, so I imagine if I look hard enough I might find something of his around here. I'd like to look at it real close.

Speaking of hyper-realistic art...In the Kansas City Star last week I was introduced to Ron Mueck, an Australian born, London-based artist who creates huge, fiberglass resin sculptures of some of the most provocative looking people. It is utterly amazing. I was planning on talking about it on my blog with a link to see his work. The KC Star's images weren't that great. Thanks for introducing me to Mr. Fraser.
Happy Weekend!