Monday, July 17, 2006

I Know You, I Saw You On My TV



Wow, this last week flew by. The family left on a jet plane this morning and I miss them already. We had a lot of good times hanging out, trekking around So Cal. Three trips to the beach was not enough. I’ve had enough of the valley heat and summer has hardly started. I’m sad I did not get to hang out with my mom more but I spent lots of time with my sis (Laura) and my niece (Emma). It will never cease to amaze me how much it takes to raise kids. The demands are literally never ending. Emma aka Sponge Em Square Head has grown up into quite the character. I see elements of my sis’ personality all over her. I love that baby. Now I’ll probably have kid songs stuck in my head for weeks and no one to sing them to that will enjoy them as much as she does.

In brief, this week consisted going to Pasadena, Claremont, Laguna Beach, Monrovia, Downtown LA, Hollywood, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Santa Monica (twice), and Pomona. This included lots of walking, shopping, eating and Brent and I celebrating our ten year anniversary. We definitely packed in a lot of activities and hang time with family that’s here in West Covina/Covina. Every family’s dynamics are interesting. Between mine and Jeremy’s (my sis’ husband) family, there are all sorts of quirks, issues, frustrations, commonalities and differences. It certainly made for an interesting week. I feel blessed to have the family that I do and I never thought that moving to Cali would make us closer to Jeremy’s family but that has been an added Godsend.

Many thanks to Megan who on short notice was able to schedule and take some great pics of all us gals (sadly minus Patti).

On an unrelated note, we want to go watch Lady In The Water which opens this weekend so if any of you folks around here are interested in going let us know.

5 comments:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

I am so glad you had such a great time. Emma looks like she had the most fun. I am sure this is the first of many more exciting trips she will make to spend a week with Auntie Wis and Uncle Brent.

Stef said...

Beautiful family! I am so glad you had a good time. Isnt Megan just awesome!!!? I miss you guys... will you be at the house party this wednesday?

pondering_c said...

sounds like a fabulous time! family...what can you say really.

oh, i want to go see that movie too. even though i know it will completely creep me out. i feel tense just thinking about it.

by the way, happy belated anniversary!

Carrie said...

Ha! Your title reminds me of a funny story. I'll tell you sometime. I'm so glad you had such a fantastic time with your family. Happy decade Anniversary! I'm glad you were able to pack so much into the week! Well, we're off to Oregon for almost a month, so we'll see ya when we get back!
~Carrie

Anonymous said...

Well Melissa, I am glad you asked, we did eat at some great resturants on our recent vacation. Most notably, The Craft Steakhouse, featured in "Top Chef" as seen on BRAVO. Owner and chef Tom Colicchio has really created a fine dining experience. Deanne and I actually discovered this resturant 3 years ago during our fifth wedding anniversary (before the TV show -yeah, we originals). I highly recommend it, its at the MGM.
Kyle