Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Pee-Wee's Playhouse was a Great Show, Watch the Repeats on Cartoon Network

Warning: Whining, Bitching, and other Unpleasantries about to occur.

Up to this point, I have enjoyed Cali with minimal irritations (excessive violence, trash, cost, etc.) But this summer has got to be one of the worst I’ve endured. That is pretty sad considering I come from a place where summer consists of such high heat and humidity that most outdoor activities are avoided. What makes it so bad here you ask? Most folks don’t own or properly use this widespread invention that brings comfort when it gets really hot. It’s called A/C. Not swamp coolers, not fans, not even window units (which doesn’t count as a/c but is superior to the former). We have a dreaded swamp cooler and it’s crap.

To illustrate, the swamp cooler is on high as are the fans:
Current Covina time: 12:36AM
Current Covina Temp: 82F
Current Temp in our duplex: 77.4F

Seriously, what the hell? I think I am in hell. Yes, I realize I’m spoiled. I’ll consider this a lesson learned; central heat and air will be essential elements to any other place we move to around here. I really would like to know why people around here like to sweat it out and just put up with the heat. It seems so anti-SoCal. Weirdos. The sad thing is that even if people actually used cool air like they’re supposed to no one would have power. Ok, I’m done with my rant. Time for sticky sweat sleep.

I know I’m lame for griping more about being hot than excessive violence or trash.

Song of the Day:
I really like what is posited.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys can crash w/ us, Deanne, who is breastfeeding, keeps the house a frigid 69-70 degrees. No doubt she will single-handedly bring rolling black-outs to SoCal. Kyle.

Carrie said...

You could come hang out with us too. We're at Bill's mom's house. It is cool enough that I am sitting at the computer in a sweatshirt, jeans, and puffy socks!
~Carrie

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

oh man! This is like me complaining about the traffic in Kansas City.

Stef said...

AS long as I have lived here in So-Cal I have never remembered it to be this hot this many days in a row! It is horrible... We have ac however it only works in two rooms (neither are bed rooms...) Thanks for all your help this week! You ROCK!!!

Wis said...

Kyle-Thanks for the offer but I don't know which would be worse, being hot or being awoken by children at all senseless hours. I'll opt for the heat.

Carrie-Are you trying to tease me? I would love to be in OR right now!

Robbo-You dork, that correlation doesn't make sense.

Stef-You're statement further proves my point. When its this hot, a/c is needed in the whole house!
I am glad to help, VBS has made me feel useful this week.

Wis said...

Right on, brother.
You are wise beyond your years (ha), Eddie.

Stef said...

Eddie... I would have to agree! This is the very first place we lived that the ac hasnt worked in every room and I HATE IT... and yet I have no money to do anything about it.. .it sucks... Funny... I feel like everywhere I go I hear of people who HAVE ac and yet, it went out, or it isnt working... or in my parents case, keep it at a cool 85 degrees (at least that is how it feels). Jim (my husband) would get along great with Deanne (according to Kyle's comment) - he likes to keep it in the very low 70's... which in our case is nice because it trickels (sp?) into the other rooms with no ac.

Bill said...

You're seriously complaining about the heat, people?!?!? Come on! There are eskimo babies freezing to death in the arctic circle! You should be grateful for the warmth of the sun.
Hang on...I gotta go grab my sweatshirt because I'm chilly here at my mom's on the Oregon coast.

Anonymous said...

I deplore videos that make fun of helpless people w/ severe hypothyroidism! I thoght the pigs chasing donut girl was good use of a cliche that never gets old. Kyle.

Anonymous said...

That's supposed to be 'thought,' not 'thoght.' Kyle.