Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Approximately 15 hours and 30 minutes of Commute Time Later....

Yeah, so I know I’ve been a big blog bum lately. I attribute this to myspace and myjob. I’m in my second week and things are going pretty well at the grind. It is nice to be back in a professional environment. Everyone is really nice and the guy who’s training me seems to be putting up with me ok. I am definitely out of practice on some things but I feel like I’m catching on. As with any new job, I feel the pressure to prove that I can do the work and do it well especially in a predominately male occupation. I was pleasantly surprised that I have not had to do the usual fighting to carry stuff myself or doing the ‘heavier’ duties on my own. I think they are either trying to see what I am capable of (willing to do) or they aren’t as sexist, I mean chivalrous, around here. I work around mostly minorities so maybe the diverse populace lends itself to a more diverse mindset but ultimately I’ll go with the initial reaction and save the politics.

All in all, I feel blessed to have this opportunity and though it seems like it will turn out to be a good, steady job I am still holding out for that fateful day when I get the call, “The FAA would like to hire you to work at ___________.” Hopefully, that blank will be filled with something pleasant. Until that day, I will be dealing with a poopy commute to my descent job. I actually am starting a vanpool tomorrow which will hopefully cut my traffic woes down significantly but the bad thing is I have to work an earlier shift. This translates to rising at 4am, nice.

I think Christie and Brent can relate to me when I say that myspace is officially addictive. It adds a whole different perspective to the blog. I have made contact with people I lost touch with up to eight years ago. Plus, other connections/reconnections have been made through friends of friends. It’s so simple but fascinating. Any of you thugs that read this and don’t have an account yet need to get with the times. Plus, I need some more legit friends. I have a self-proclaimed friend count competition with Brent and he’s beating me bad.

Thanks to all for your well wishes and inquires over the past week and a half. Once I get my schedule all figured maybe I’ll be back to this more consistently.

And lastly...I've been hearing this song on indie 103 lately it's meloncholy has been sticking with me.
The Funeral - Band of Horses

2 comments:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

Hey there stranger. I am glad the jobby job is working out well. Sorry for the commute...however.....you did CHOOSE to live out there in commuter hell.

About a year ago I swore I would never involve myself with myspace. I aim to keep my word. If that makes me a loser, then so be it. I would rather think of it as the cool kid who rebels against the media, peer pressure and society's idea of what "cool" is. At least, this is what I will keep telling myself.

More than likely Robbie will cave in.

Stef said...

Hey there girl! Miss you! See you thursday???