Friday, August 11, 2006

What is the data transfer rate of a DS-1 line?

Just as I thought I would not get much into blog when I started, I feel (felt) the same way about MySpace. I had been reluctant to dive into that world since every time I browsed around my impression of its contents was the same. Just a bunch of people's profiles with sultry or weird pictures, comments that I'm not sure anyone reads (especially those with like a cagillion friends), and the comments were mostly pretty lame, "thanks for the add" "you're awesome" "i love your art/music" "i miss you". So I joined the ranks and set up an account yesterday. Now I'm trying to amass "friends." At this point, I feel like it's dumbed down blog. I did find some people that I know that probably wouldn't give a flip about reading this drivel but are folks I wouldn't mind having contact with. I was surprised to find even my bro-in-law has a space. I have a pretty good hunch on who the culprit(s) were on that one. It's just one more way the internet has become my new tv.

Anyway, I got word this week from my new employer that I start on Mon, 8:30am. No more free (or I should say poor) ride. I will be happy to be better occupied, making bacon, and feeling like a functioning member of society again. I'm not looking forward to the commute though. I'll probably have to leave here at 6:30am on Mon to allow ample time to make it to Irvine from here (where orientation is). I still don't know what shift they are ultimately going to give me but as much as I love sleeping in I am hoping for something very early to avoid the poop traffic coming and going. It should be an interesting week. At this point, I feel pretty good about how everything has worked out so, hopefully, I can avoid nervous/stress vomiting but we'll see what happens.

So in my final days of unlimited free time the plan is to go to Santa Monica today to shop for a few birthday gifts for my "cousin-in-law's" (i.e. Covina Fam's) daughters, try to find some khakis minus the tight butt with big gap of fabric in back, visit a few galleries at Bergamot Station, and just maybe look at the ocean. I'll have to fly this one solo since Brent's a workin' man. Sat. there's a pre-birthday party for one of the aforementioned kiddos and then possibly some hang time with some friends. Good times.

On the movie front, Little Miss Sunshine looks pretty good and for giggles I don't think you could go wrong with Talladega Nights.

Michel Gondry rocks, The Science of Sleep is a for sure:


Speaking of sleep....

5 comments:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

That movie looks amazing. Had not seen the preview yet - thanks Wis.

pondering_c said...

i am really excited about miss sunshine. it's not opening here until next weekend.

enjoy your last days of freedom!

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

Hope your first week of work goes great....We want to hear all about it.

Stef said...

Hey! I am glad to hear you starting work. I know you have been bored and wanting to get back on your feet. I still want to do a girl night with you, so we will have to set that up soon. I finally got to watch Broke Back Mountian.... it was good... different than I thought. Can't wait to hear how work is!

Anonymous said...

What the H? Where are you? -cjk