Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Can't Help It If Some of My Friends Lack a Complex Palate

After my big rant about the terribly hot weather, there was a quick end in sight. By last weekend, the temps started to drop and now things are quite pleasant in Cali-land. I love the cool evenings. So now it's nice again, I was able to fire up the stove and actually get back to cooking some delectable meals.


Last night's menu:
Coconut Chicken w/ Spicy Apricot Sauce
Glazed Carrots
Balsamic Roasted Potatoes

I dorkily captured the moment before consumption. Ah, I've developed a fondness for home cooked meals.

It looks like Costa Mesa gallery hopping is on the agenda tomorrow and since we'll be oh so close, the beach will be the next stop. It has been too long. I will miss our weekday outings on Brent's days off since he's never off on the weekends and I will be.

And finally, I watched Syriana last night. I thought it was pretty good. It lived up to what I had heard about it. There was a bunch of stuff going on but I liked that it wasn't dumbed down for mass consumption. There were a lot of ultimately interconnected characters to keep track of with varying perspectives and happenings from CIA to Washingon big wigs to oil contract companies and employees to princes to poor immigrant refinery workers. I feel like I missed quite a bit but I understood the gist of the story. It's a good renter.

The Colbert Report is one of my favorite shows. He makes me laugh lots.
Colbert Report - Better know district (DC)

1 comment:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

Colbert is a funny guy.
I love coconut chicken.